Therser UK Ltd have recently completed the construction and installation of an electric heated shuttle kiln. This was installed with kiln cars and in-line tracking with a nominal capacity of 3.164 m3 for the firing to 1250ºC ( maximum rating 1300ºC) complete with single leaf swing door and associated equipment.
The kiln has a maximum rated temperature of 1300 ºC and a working temperature of 1250 ºC. The fuel type is electrical and the atmosphere is oxidising.
The product moisture content was 0.5% maximum prior to firing.
We supplied 2 kiln car supllies and 1 car in the kiln.
The total setting dimensions are: 1.600mm long / 860mm wide /1.150mm high
The kiln has a low thermal mass ceramic fibre hot face lining with brick piers for element support trays. The type of elements include:
- Spiral wire wound on trays.
- Material Kanthal A-1 Ferritic FeCrA alloy.
The element positions for the kiln are:
- Side wall
- Back wall
- Kiln car
The element power rating is 180 kw / 60 per zone.
There are 3 control zones in this kiln all controlled by Eurothem high reliability zero crossover burst firing thyristor units.
There are also three "S" type thermocouples.
The kiln was also supplied with:
- A roof mounted motorised automatic exhaust/cooling damper.
- Side wall air injection system controlled by a motorised control butterfly valve.
- Hood over the kiln exhaust/cooling damper with an exhaust chimney.