Therser UK Ltd have recently completed the construction and installation of a High Temperature Kiln For Zirconia Products.
The type of kiln we installed is a downdraught gas fired shuttle kiln with swing door. It contains one kiln car and afterburner. The combustion system is modulating in Ratio Air/Fuel with pre heated combustion air.
There are four high temperature burners (Type Eclipse TJSR complete with spark ignition, flame failure controls and all relevant shutoff valves/flow control valves on both the gas and airline). As well as four independent control zones with excess air, stoichiometric and pulse firing modes complete with SCADA system.
The kiln door fastening is a Wheel type door clamp. The kiln also has an oxidising atmosphere and is fueled by natural gas.
Capacity, Dimensions And Temperature
- Nominal capacity – 1.72 Cubic Meter nominal
- Setting dimensions – 1015mm Wide, 770mm High, 2200mm Long
- Firing temperature – 1700°c
- Max design temperature – 1800°c
- Temperature profile range – +/- 1°C at soak
- Nominal kiln external dimensions - 2500mm Wide, Approx 2500mm High, 4200mm Long