Therser UK the UK's number one Kiln and heat treatment company have recently completed the construction and installation of an Electric Heated Shuttle kiln with Kiln car and in-line tracking a normal capacity of 1.5 m³ Nominal Size for firing to 1250°C (maximum rating 1,300°C).
The kiln has a pre-fabricated kiln frame complete with integral rear mounted element connection chamber. The kiln structure is of a twin design, meaning lower heat losses and a comfortable working environment. Externally the kiln is clad with coloured powder-coated steel plates and stainless steel cladding on the afterburner and the front face of the kiln, which create a natural cooling cavity between the inner and outer skins which will give an excellent “visual finish”.
The kiln also has:
- A vertical operated door by a motorised cross shaft complete with chain sprockets and guide wheels on adjustable back plates on the four corners of the door, running inside the vertical support channel.
- Free standing PLC control panel.
- Car haulage moving system operated by a rack on the kiln car with a motorised spur gear driven by a floor mounted drive motor with a Hand held push button control
- Low thermal mass ceramic fibre lining with brick piers for element support trays.
- Roof mounted motorised automatic exhaust/cooling damper system.
The heating and energy control system comprises of:
- A set of spiral wound heating elements fitted to the side walls, and rear wall door.
- A set of high strength element support trays.
The kiln control and electrical system comprises of an electrical panel fully assembled and containing PLC controls, generally including:-
- Programmable PLC controls
- Trapped Key Electromechanical Safety Interlock.
- Set of thermocouples and compensation cables.
- Set of electrical wiring materials for the installation of the kiln and equipment (assumes the control panel is within 3.0 m of the kiln).
It also has an exhaust system, comprising:
- Pre-fabricated exhaust canopy.
- Pre-fabricated 6.0 m long exhaust stack (chimney).
- Gas Fired Exhaust After Burner complete.
At Therser UK we are proud to serve clients in a diverse range of sectors across the UK. To find out more about our kilns, furnaces, dryers, RTO’s and engineering services, download the free guide or e-mail email@example.com or call 01782 824453 to speak with a sales advisor directly.