Therser (UK) Ltd are a successful manufacturing company based in Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent. We supply Kilns, Furnaces, RTO’s and Refractory’s to a range of industries from traditional Ceramics through to the Aerospace and Automotive Industries. Therser provide a high-quality service to our customers both Nationally and Internationally from our three sites in Stoke-on-Trent and our recently purchased Wellman Furnaces and Alloy Fabrications site in Tipton. We have experienced year on year growth since incorporation in 2009 and anticipate high levels of growth over the coming years.
We are looking for a highly driven and hungry individual to join our accounts team at our Head Office in Burslem.
Reporting to the Financial Controller your daily duties would include: -
Sales Invoicing: -
- Raising and issuing Sales Invoices ensuring compliance with customer requirements.
Purchase Ledger Entry & Management: -
- Completing New Supplier Account Forms and the creation of New Supplier Records within the accounting software. Maintaining Supplier information within the software.
- Purchase order Processing to include raising purchase orders through to logging receipt of deliveries and updating the ledgers and day books with supplier invoices.
- Inputting overhead invoices and allocating to correct nominal accounts.
- Reconciliation of Supplier statements and the resolving of any discrepancies accordingly.
- Compiling & Processing Supplier Bacs payment run for review by the Financial Controller.
Weekly Payroll: -
- Downloading weekly timesheet information from our Bodet Time and Attendance Software system and distributing reports to management for approval.
- Data entry onto Labour Breakdown Spreadsheet to include Employee pay rates, trade codes, and customer contract number etc.
- Data Entry onto Sage 50 Payroll, processing weekly payroll reports, processing payment through the bank and updating nominal ledgers within the accounting software.
- Updating and reconciling the Project Costings – Resources – within Sage 50 Accounts.
Credit Card Management: -
- Analysis and entry of Credit Card Expenditure and reconciliation of the Credit Card Account.
- Assisting the Finance team with the year-end audit.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
The candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar Finance role.
- Experience using Sage 50 Accounts and Sage 50 Payroll essential.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of skill in organising and prioritising workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00 - £26,000.00 per annum dependent upon experience/qualifications
- Company pension.
- 23 Days Holiday per year plus Bank holidays.
- On-site parking.
- Study assistance if applicable.
- 8 hours per day
- Monday to Friday - 40 hours
Work Location: Burslem - Stoke on Trent
The job role is available for an immediate start. We will consider temp/interim or on a permanent basis.
Please send over your CV and covering letter to email@example.com and mention the job title in the subject field.