Process / Manufacturing Engineering Project Manager
Therser UK Ltd are the UK’s leading manufacturer of Kilns, Furnaces and associated Automation Systems and are recruiting for the following roll to oversee major projects recently awarded.
Working with a multi-disciplined team, this role is focused on managing projects and activities within the manufacturing engineering department to deliver new projects and support existing products for Heat Treatment Equipment. The project manager will co-ordinate and prioritise activities utilising the available resources which may include future direct reports, team members from other departments and sub-contractors. The project manager will be expected to contribute to the development of the engineering team by leading the way in good engineering practises, while adhering to company standards, and embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Project management including new Heat Treatment Equipment development, product continuous improvement and support of existing products.
- Maintaining robust project management principles, highlighting risks and identifying mitigating actions to ensure projects and activities are delivered on time and in budget.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on project performance to both internal and external customers.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the sales, operations to ensure a successful end-to-end delivery of the project.
- Resolve design related manufacturing issues with the in-house manufacturing team and sub-contractors.
- Undertake mechanical design calculations
- Design of systems based on design-function relationships.
- To undertake mechanical design calculations that validate the chosen design concepts
- Take an active role in the development of the engineering department, including novel engineering solutions and new supplier development.
- Projects are conducted on a global basis, often with interaction with end users and suppliers, so some travel out of the UK is expected.
- Experience in the development of P&ID (process & instrumentation diagrams) and contributing to HAZOP meetings would be an advantage.
Primary Task List:
- Project management
- Project engineering
- Process Engineering
- Continuous development of engineering team / project management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated hands on project management experience by delivering successful projects.
- Engineering degree in a mechanical discipline or equivalent qualification.
- 3D design CAD experience.
- Demonstrated team management.
- Experience in working with ISO9001 processes.
- Demonstrated experience of working with a new product introduction process.
- Microsoft Office capable (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, projects). Experience in SAP would be beneficial.
- Accurate, thorough, consistent, pro-active, assertive
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Be able to manage a varied workload in an efficient manner
- Understand engineering drawings and principles
- A challenging and interesting position in a highly innovative and expanding organisation
- Opportunity to lead and develop cutting edge technology that can have real impact to people‘s lives
- Modern working environment
- Opportunities for personal development
- Attractive salary and benefits package
Interested applicants should submit CV and covering letter to email@example.com
* Please mention the job title in the subject field of the email.